Thursday, February 14, 2008

photo from the 70s


I was looking at a poll taken on a music blog. Seems the most popular era, for that group, was the 1970s followed by the 1960s. So I guess I should cater to those eras as well. So for this post a photo of Tom Hamilton.

Tom was best known for racing a Ford Shelby GT350R on tracks like Westwood and the road circuit at Western Speedway in Victoria. But he also ran stock cars. I believe he had won the B main here.

(Yep, checked my notes: B main at Langley Speedway, Carling O'Keefe Opener, June 19, 1976.)

Tom comes from Campbell River, BC, and was inducted into the Victoria Auto Racing Hall of Fame last year.

The Hall keeps quiet on who will be inducted until it is announced the day of the ceremony. Not sure if my schedule will allow me to be there. I've only missed a couple in the last 15 years. But I have my contacts and will pass on the info as I find out myself.

Anyway, here's the photo along with a link to the Tom's hall info:
http://www.victoriaautoracinghalloffame.com/tommyhamilton/tommyhamilton.html

No comments: