Tuesday, March 13, 2012

i never know what i'm looking for..., part one

...until i find it.

That could be my mantra for most of my research. I used to say I didn't "fish" for information, I'd look where I knew I'd find something, but these days I just let things flow and that leads to other things.

A couple 1971 ads: one for Cariboo Motorcycles on North Road, which ended up in Port Moody and has recently closed. Dave Wildman and sons owned it. And another for some snowmobile rentals, and a half mile oval track just east of Hope.



1 comment:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Triumph motorcycle dealerships ... there must have been dozens of them in B.C. at one time. One of them, Syd's Cycle in Trail, which also sold a Harley or two over the years, when it too closed made the poetic transformation from motorcycle dealership to funeral home.