Thursday, September 13, 2012

1972 IDC, open wheel

Been given a bunch of old Racing Wheels so I'm scanning like crazy. I like the "super modifieds and caged sprints" description. A few years earlier sprint cars weren't caged but by 1972 they pretty much were.






Seven races in nine days. Off days to get on and off of Vancouver Island.

Results:

Spanaway, Bill Deschamps
Portland, Ken Hamilton
Nanaimo, Don McLeod
Western, J.P. Standley
Skagit, Bill Deschamps
Langley, Bob Seelman
Tenino, Fontes/McLeod

Top Ten:

Bill Deschamps
J.P. Standley
Ed Hopper
Don McLeod
Bob Gregg
George Robertson
J.R. Standley
Palmer Crowell
Dave Bowling
Don Hein

(I believe this is my 1250th post. Good grief!)

2 comments:

Greg H. said...

Will you be posting pictures of the 1972 IDC at some point? My uncle, Ed Hopper, finished third that year and ran the IDC from 71 to 74. Sadly, we have almost no pictures of any of those races.

befastpast said...

I'll have another look and see what I have.
bfp