Thursday, January 5, 2012

Phil Churchill, 1927



Had a request for some information on Phil Churchill, who raced in the northwest during the mid-1920s. He was listed as being from North Bend, WA.

As it happened Phil lost his life in a racing accident at Vancouver`s Hastings Park. His was the second fatal at the track.

More results of Phil Churchill at the Hastings Park track can be found by clicking this link.

I got the before and after photos of the Churchill car at Hastings Park from the pages of Racing Wheels sent to me by Dick Downes. And the death certificate came from the microfilm files at my local university.

While the photo caption says 1926 the fatal accident happened in 1927. Sorting out what happened so many years ago is a very slow process of microfilm newspapers.

2 comments:

some girl said...

Philip was my great grandfather. I am glad I found this tidbit of information. I am trying to find the article with information about his remaining family in the area.

befastpast said...

Try here:

http://www.astleink.com/kate.htm

She has some info.
bfp