Saturday, February 27, 2010

an earlier version of the Olympics, part three


Ken Hurtley, hurt in the thrill show Olympics at Digney Speedway a year earlier, comes back for more. And the side story, provided to the press by Andy Digney, is great. Unfortunately the marriage didn't last.

I spoke with Ken Hurtley a few years ago. He had a friend in the lower mainland that he visited when he came up from Blaine, WA. Very nice man. I'm not sure if he's still with us.

One thing I would have like to have asked him about was a proposed speedway to be built in Blaine in 1968. Ken was the name behind the track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Sandra and I am Ken Hurtley's daughter. I am happy to see your post with the article from when he and my mother met. They had five children before divorcing in the late eighties. Dad is doing great and still lives in Blaine. Thought I'd write to let you know that he was behind the proposed speedway in Blaine but in the end was unable to get all of the necessary permits. Thanks for this great site!